Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A poem, Ecstasy of being Published; Sunday Standard, Sunday Nation.

When the journalism bug bites and the urge to write unquenchable, a young writer always find it hard to believe on his pieces.

Most time unedited pieces done solely with little assistance from peers who find writing boring, I resolved to find some other quarters. I sent a series of my poems to different newspapers and Magazines.

Always I could not afford to follow up on publications due to financial ditches. Among the newspapers and magazines I did send my poems and articles are The Drum, True love, Nation and The literary discourse in Saturday Standards.

I still wonder when and where this poem appeared but some three readers found it uplifting enough to write back to me. They become my first comments and gave me energy and self esteem to write on and start my blog.

Buoyed by the comment i published my poems on the poem hunter internationally. I have received further comments from readers worldwide.

My maiden comment, or advise to be precise, was from :Esther Wanyoike who recommended Power of the Written Word. The was to help me as a poet.. The regards were sent on Thursday, July 31, 2008

The second more interactive mail was from a Mt. Kenya University diploma student Esther Mwaurah. It was more vivacious. I received it on Monday, August 4, 2008.

"Hi! Surprise, my name is Esther; I happened to peruse on the newspaper(never knew which) and found a poem you wrote, Am a big fan of poets and wish to congratulate you on a job well done."

on October 6, 2008 David Kamwela from Dar-es-Salaam in Tanzania wished me luck:

"Hello! Manuel, I have read your poem In that Village of Mine. It was a very nice poem i can say your are really a poet. i love your work. Wish you all best in these mail of mine."

Ms Mwaurah wished me good day and told me to keep in touch. I did albeit with glee.for both of them. Of the three only Esther Mwaurah replied back. We exchanged a series of mail till she excused herself to concentrate on her exams.

The three comments bolstered my self esteem and i refer to them to get the strength and inspiration to write. Am indebted to the three,.

No comments:

Post a Comment